Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring is here now

Sure, I like talking about the weather. It's sunny and breezy and now I've got to cut grass tomorrow. I'll be playing a cruel jailer in my church's Easter play this year (Emmanuel Wesleyan on Shamrock Drive), so come and watch me chew the scenery next weekend, Friday through Sunday. What else is going on, let's see. Mayoral election in Salisbury. Lots of mud being slung. Vote your conscience not rumor. Went to see a Haunting in Connecticut (subtitled AIG and the Chris Dodd re-election campaign). OK, seriously, the backstory was really interesting, but the modern horror haunting stuff was pretty bland by even 1970 standards and bore little relation to the purported "true" story from what I have read on the internet.
Big tax on cigarettes started this week. It caused one of my co-workers to quit smoking, so I guess it served a purpose in lowering health care costs. Next, Big Macs will be taxed so your arteries don't clog. Oh, that's right, you'll lose weight because you won't be able to afford to drive, since OPEC cutbacks are starting to affect the price of oil (up about $20 since the beginning of the year when it was $33 a barrel).
I have a friend who thinks I am an idiot because I don't think Obama is a Marxist and is turning our country into another Soviet Union. Hey, the companies came to the government for a bailout, so they accepted the consequences of being on the government dole. Worse, I hear Tim Geitner was covering up for some of the banks. I am getting a bit tired of him and think Obama should dump him for somebody not in banking, maybe in collections, like a repo man. Since I am an idiot for being a Democrat I now have Obama in my top friends list on MySpace. He hasn't sent me any email, though. Guess Michelle and the kids are hogging the computer all the time when they aren't hugging folks and being good and decent folk. Oh, well....
Say, I'll be at the Shad Festival April 25th all day. Come and say hello. I will also be at the Worcester Technical School May 1st talking about Eastern Shore Culture and at the Westside Heritage Festival on May 9th. Come say hello! I signed up to be an official Scribe of the Shore, am waiting to hear back. Meanwhile, drop me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment